#1 Getting “Lost” In What You (think you) Can’t DoWhen you are feeling the tug of insecurity that comes with not enough clients, it’s easy to get caught up in a negative mindset that has you criticizing your potential solutions. You may come up with some (reasonable) ideas, and finish them off with a “but it probably won’t work”. You may even come up with a very detailed plan as to HOW it won’t work! Next thing you know, you’ll be massaging every “no” you’ve ever heard; each flyer that went unanswered; and all the people you reached out to who smiled at you and never called. If you find yourself in this rut… Sound The Alarm! You’re headed down a slope that has no end to the damage it can do to your business and your self-esteem. It’s clearly time for a (self) intervention.
- Change your state: Anthony Robbins is a huge proponent of changing your state of being to change your mind. One way to change your state quickly is to do something physical and drastic. Scream… Clap your hands… Jump up and down. Do whatever it takes to jog your brain out of the toxic rut it’s in and save yourself
- Shift your focus: Once you’ve broken that negative state, immediately replace those thoughts with positive thoughts and affirmations. Instead of ruminating about what you think won’t work, start thinking about what will work. Open up your mind to new ideas and possibilities. Picture your success in these efforts. Visualize positive outcomes
- Take action: Now that those positive thoughts are flowing, DO SOMETHING! While you are in your positive, hopeful state, follow through and execute a plan of action that can help you achieve your goal.
- Determine how many clients you’d like to add to your book within the next 30-60 days
- Identify 3-5 potential referrers who have access to and influence over your ideal clients
- Make a plan of how you will reach out to each of these people/places, to find out what you can do to help them serve your shared market
- Make a plan of 2-3 other methods you will use to get noticed by your target market in ways that will build your credibility and increase the level of trust they have in you
- Work your plan
Remember: NOTHING WORKS Unless You Do!Next time… we’ll face the SECOND path that may be getting you “lost” on your journey to building your private practice
<This series is just a sample of what you get when you work with me. Click here for more strategies about how to make more money and succeed in private practice: http://www.InfluentialInsidersCircle/bys Join us now: YOU ARE NOT ALONE!>